Research & Pedagogy
- hooks, bell. 2010. Teaching Critical Thinking: Practical Wisdom. Routledge.
- hooks, bell. 1994. Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom. New York; London: Routledge.
- Freire, Paulo. 1970. Pedagogy of the Oppressed. London: The Continuum International Publishing Group Inc.
- Brown, Leslie, and Susan Strega. 2005. Research As Resistance: Critical, Indigenous, & Anti-Oppressive Approaches. Toronto: Canadian Scholars Press.
- Smith, Linda Tuhiwai. 2012. Decolonizing Methodologies: Research and Indigenous Peoples. New York: Zed Books Ltd.
- Weimer, Maryellen. 2002. Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice. Jossey-Bass.
- Leonardo, Zeus. 2002. “The Souls of White Folk: Critical Pedagogy, Whiteness Studies, and Globalization Discourse.” Race Ethnicity and Education 5 (1): 29–50.
- Teaching in Higher ED Podcast
- Research in Action Podcast
Academia & Grad Studies
Agroecology & Food
- Canadian Food Studies Journal
- Food First
- World Hunger: Ten Myths
- Food Sovereignty: Reconnecting Food, Nature & Community
- Food Rebellions: Crisis and the Hunger for Justice
- Alkon, Alison Hope, and Julian Agyeman. 2011. Cultivating Food Justice: Race, Class, and Sustainability. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press.
- The Fridge Light Podcast
- The Racist Sandwich Podcast
- AnthroDish Podcast
- Food Psych Podcast
- Food Talk with Dani Nierenberg
Race, Colonialism, & Food
- Martens, Tabitha, Jaime Cidro, Michael Anthony Hart, and Stéphane Mclachlan. 2016. “Understanding Indigenous Food Sovereignty through an Indigenous Research Paradigm.” Journal of Indigenous Social Development 5 (1): 18–37.
- Laliberte, Ron, and Vic Satzewich. 1998. “Native Migrant Labour in the Southern Alberta Sugar-Beet Industry: Coercion and Paternalism in the Recruitment of Labour.” Canadian Review of Sociology.
- Scene on Radio Podcast: ‘Seeing White’ Series
- Red Man Laughing Podcast
- Shelley Koch. 2018. Gender and Food: A Critical Look at the Food System. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Kohl, Ellen, and Priscilla McCutcheon. 2015. “Kitchen Table Reflexivity: Negotiating Positionality through Everyday Talk.” Gender, Place and Culture 22 (6). Taylor & Francis: 747–63.
- Dhamoon, Rita. 2015. “A Feminist Approach to Decolonizing Anti-Racism: Rethinking Transnationalism, Intersectionality, and Settler Colonialism.” Feral Feminisms, no. 4: 20–37.
- Scene on Radio Podcast: ‘Men’ Series